Fall Session Update
Register now for fall classes!
Here's what's in store for you this session...
• Of the ~60 classes on our Fall Session A schedule, about 18 are in-person only or hybrid, which means that students can attend online or in person. All other classes will remain virtual-only for the time being.
• Our in-studio offerings will include a range of adult yoga classes, several classes for kids and families, and Prenatal Yoga.
• The current schedule assumes that the DC mask mandate will be in place through Fall Session A. If the mask mandate is lifted, we may add more in-person options.
• For our video lovers, the video library will continue to be available to students who register for 2 or more classes a week during Fall Session A.
In-Studio Practice Protocols
Our in-studio practice protocols have been developed with careful consideration of the health, safety, and comfort of our community as the highest priority. Circle Yoga will follow CDC and DC guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Advance reservation is required for in-person classes. Students can reserve space for any class up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Everyone—students, teachers, and staff—in the building, except children under 12 attending kids and family classes, must be vaccinated.*
- After a student reserves space in an in-person class, they will receive a confirmation email with a link to verify their vaccination status.
- Everyone in the building must wear a mask at all times.
- For adult classes, in-studio attendance will be capped at 8 students in Studio 2 and 10 students in the Pharmacy. For kids and families, the cap will be 12-14 in the Pharmacy.
- Students are advised to bring their own props, but studio props are available for use.
- Certified HEPA filters are in use for air filtration.
- Students are welcome to attend a combination of in-person classes and livestream classes. Your class credits—as a registrant, drop-in student, 4 class pass holder, or 3 for $33 student—can be used for either type of class. Simply sign in via CowTinker for the “Online” or “In Studio” option.
- Students, staff, or teachers should not come to the studio if they have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the previous 48 hours.
Cancellation Policies for In-Studio Classes
Because capacity is extremely limited in-person classes, the following cancellation policies will apply to students who reserve space for classes at the studio:
- Any cancellation for an in-person class must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the class start time. With this cancellation, the student retains their class credit to use at a later date.
- For cancellations made within less than 24 hours of the class start time, the student will be billed a late cancellation fee of $25 but will retain their class credit to use at a later date.
- If a student chooses to cancel their reservation for an in-person class within 24 hours before class, they are welcome to use that class credit to take the same class online instead. However, they will still be billed a late cancellation fee of $25 when they cancel their in-person reservation.
- For no-shows, the class credit will be deducted from the student’s account and they will be billed a no-show fee of $25.
When an in-person class is full, you can choose to join the waitlist by clicking the WAITLIST button on the class schedule. Once you have added your name to the waitlist, you are on standby to take the class, and you'll be notified by email and/or text if space opens up.
Here's how the waitlist works:
- Joining the waitlist commits you to taking the class if space becomes available, unless you actively remove yourself from the list. If you no longer want to take the class, log into your account to remove your name from the waitlist.
- If you are the first person on the waitlist and a space becomes available, the system will automatically move you into the class and will send you an email notification, as well as a text notification (if you have an updated cell phone number on your account).
- If you are pulled from the waitlist but are no longer available to take the space, follow the directions in the email or text notification to remove yourself from the class, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not able to come to class and we do not hear from you, the class credit will be deducted from your account.
- We close the waitlist 60 minutes before the class start time, which gives you at least 60 minutes to get to class if space opens up.
Advance reservations are never required for livestream classes as there are no class size limits. Students who do sign up in advance for livestream classes can cancel their reservation up until the class start time. Students may sign up for specific livestream classes up to 3 weeks in advance.
Our video library will continue to be available for students who register for at least 2 classes per week for the Fall Session. The video library includes at least 90 days worth of videos from our most recent classes.
We ask that video library users continue to factor in how many videos they watch before registering for the Fall Session. We pay teachers for video usage by setting aside a percentage of revenue from class registrations for the session, but our technology does not allow us to limit video usage. This means that the number of classes you choose to register for the session has a direct impact on how much we can pay teachers for video usage. When you sign up for the Summer Session, please register for what you expect to use, including your video usage. For our calculations, the value of 2 videos watched is about the same as 1 livestream or in-person class. Therefore, if you plan to take 2 livestream or in-person classes per week and watch an additional 2 videos each week, consider signing up for 3 classes a week instead of 2.