Summer Schedule and Protocols
This month we are beginning to take gradual steps toward reopening for in-person classes. It will be another season of change, but with all the learning and adjusting we’ve done together over the last 16 months, we know that our community is incredibly adaptable.
For the Summer Session (June 28-Aug 22), Circle Yoga will offer:
- A full schedule of 50 classes per week via Zoom
- 2-3 hybrid classes each day which can accommodate up to 6 students per class at the studio while other students connect to the same class via Zoom
- A full video library with 90 days of classes available to students who register for 2 or more classes per week
Students will continue to use the same CowTinker procedures to sign up for a class, whether in person at the studio or via Zoom.
Our in-studio practice protocols have been developed with careful consideration of the health, safety, and comfort of our community as the highest priority. Circle Yoga will follow CDC and DC guidelines related to COVID-19.
- All Summer Session classes at Circle Yoga are for fully vaccinated people only.*
- Though DC has lifted capacity restrictions and social distancing requirements, we will limit the number of students for in-person classes to 6.
- Masks are required upon entry and when moving through common spaces in the studio. Once on your mat and ready for practice, masks are optional.
- Students are advised to bring their own props, but studio props are available for use. Used mats or blocks will be set aside for cleaning after each use. Used blankets, straps, bolsters, etc. will be rotated out of circulation for at least 72 hours.
- Certified HEPA filters and CO2 monitors will be used for air filtration.
- All in-person classes at the studio this summer will take place in Studio 2 (the larger studio upstairs). Concurrently, 8 weeks of summer camp (for ages 4-12) will be held in the Pharmacy studio. Campers will enter and exit through the Pharmacy door on Northampton Street, and they will not share common spaces with adult students.
- We expect that all in-person classes scheduled at the studio this summer will be hybrid, which means that students will be able to participate in those classes either in person or via livestream. We are taking many steps to ensure that both in-studio and livestream audiences have satisfying experiences and that the transition is smooth.
- Students are welcome to attend a combination of in-person classes and livestream classes. Your class credits—as a registrant, drop-in student, 4 class pass holder, or 3 for $33 student—can be used for either type of class. Simply sign in via CowTinker for the “Online” or “In Studio” option.
- Advance reservation is required for in-person classes. Students can reserve space for any class up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Students, staff, or teachers should not come to the studio if they have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the previous 48 hours.
Cancellation Policies for In-Studio Classes
Because space is extremely limited for in-person classes, the following cancellation policies will apply to students who reserve space for classes at the studio:
- Any cancellation for an in-person class must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the class start time. With this cancellation, the student retains their class credit to use at a later date.
- For cancellations made within less than 24 hours of the class start time, the student will be billed a late cancellation fee of $25 but will retain their class credit to use at a later date.
- For no-shows, the class credit will be deducted from the student’s account and they will be billed a late cancellation fee of $25.
- There will be a waitlist available for students who wish to attend a full class, and they will be contacted if/when spaces open.
When it comes to returning to the studio to practice, we recognize that student and teacher comfort levels will follow unique and personal timetables. We know that about 70% of our students prefer to continue practicing with livestream classes this summer. Even after the majority of our students are ready to resume in-person classes at the studio, we will continue offering livestream classes where there is interest and necessity.
While we are introducing new cancellation policies for in-person attendance, students who sign up in advance for livestream classes will continue to be able to cancel their reservation up until the class start time.
Please note that we are introducing one change for livestream class reservations this session: students may sign up for specific classes up to 3 weeks in advance. Remember, advance reservations are not required for livestream classes as there are no class size limits.
Our video library will continue to be available for students who register for at least 2 classes per week for the Summer Session. The video library includes at least 90 days worth of videos from our most recent classes.
We ask that video library users continue to factor in how many videos they watch before registering for the Summer Session. We pay teachers for video usage by setting aside a percentage of revenue from class registrations for the session, but our technology does not allow us to limit video usage. This means that the number of classes you choose to register for the session has a direct impact on how much we can pay teachers for video usage. When you sign up for the Summer Session, please register for what you expect to use, including your video usage. For our calculations, the value of 2 videos watched is about the same as 1 livestream or in-person class. Therefore, if you plan to take 2 livestream or in-person classes per week and watch an additional 2 videos each week, consider signing up for 3 classes a week instead of 2.
Pricing for the 8-week Summer Session will be consistent with Spring Session fees. With your registration, you’ll have a specific number of class credits to use over the course of 8 weeks (ex. 16 class credits with a 2 class/week registration). These class credits can be used for in-person or livestream participation, and they can be used at any time during the session. So, if you are traveling for 2 weeks and not able to practice with us, you can use all of your classes during the 6 weeks when you are in town. (Or you can take livestream classes with you wherever you go!)
1 class/week registration: $144 (no video library access)
2 class/week registration: $256 (includes unlimited video library access)
3 class/week registration: $360 (includes unlimited video library access)
4 Class Pass: $80 (expires in 30 days)
Drop-in Fee: $22
*A note about COVID-19 vaccines:
Results from our April 2020 survey showed that nearly 90% of Circle Yoga students believed that the studio should require students to be vaccinated. When students sign up for an in-person class this summer, they will receive a confirmation email with a link to certify their vaccination status. We are requiring COVID-19 vaccination for in-person practice because science indicates that vaccination is the best way to end the pandemic and protect family, friends, and the community. We are also requiring it so that our students will feel comfortable practicing in the studio again.