A project of Circle Yoga Cooperative and the Give Back Yoga Foundation
Circle Yoga Connects is a project of Circle Yoga Cooperative and the Give Back Yoga Foundation. Our mission is to increase access to yoga and mindfulness practices in the greater Washington DC area, and to make our yoga and mindfulness community as diverse as the city we call home. We do this by:
- Offering accessible yoga classes through established organizations that provide services in low-income and historically marginalized neighborhoods;
- Supporting teachers who are living or working in communities with limited access to yoga and mindfulness; and
- Providing scholarship support and reduced rates for Circle Yoga offerings to people experiencing financial hardship who want to practice or teach yoga.
You can help bring yoga and mindfulness to communities with limited access.
Thanks to our partnership with the Give Back Yoga Foundation, your gift is tax deductible. Circle Yoga Connects will receive approximately 90% of your donation, and the remainder will support GBYF yoga service programs across the country and abroad.
Share the gift of yoga.
To make an online donation, click on the "Donate to Circle Yoga Connects" button above, and select the blue Donate button. To ensure that Circle Yoga Connects receives your gift, click the box that says “Write us a comment” and specify that your gift is for Circle Yoga Connects.
To make an offline donation, make a check or money order payable to The Give Back Yoga Foundation, and mail your gift to:
The Give Back Yoga Foundation
900 Baseline Road, Cottage 13B
Boulder, CO 80302
To ensure that Circle Yoga Connects receives your gift, be sure to make a note on the memo line stating that your gift is for Circle Yoga Connects.
When you donate, either online or by check, please contact us so that we know to be on the lookout for your gift. Thank you!
Since its founding in 2003, Circle Yoga has provided scholarship support to students experiencing financial hardship who want to enroll in trainings, classes, and summer camp at the studio. Since 2018, Circle Yoga students and friends have joined this effort and contributed more than $18,000 in direct support of the studio’s scholarship and outreach work.
In 2019, Circle Yoga partnered with the Give Back Yoga Foundation to create Circle Yoga Connects. This project enables us to build our scholarship fund and expand our outreach work in the broader DC community. In addition, Circle Yoga Connects received a $14,000 grant from Lululemon in 2020.
The objectives of Circle Yoga Connects include:
1) Working with established service and social change organizations in the DC area to bring yoga and mindfulness to adults and children living in historically marginalized communities, such as low-income housing neighborhoods and immigrant and refugee centers. We do this by offering accessible on-site classes with Circle Yoga teachers.
2) Providing financial support to one to two established teachers annually, who are embedded in communities that have limited access to yoga and mindfulness. Teachers are selected through an application process, administered through the Circle Yoga Connects committee.
3) Providing scholarship support to people experiencing financial hardship who wish to enroll in regular classes or workshops at the studio, Circle Yoga Summer Camp, or teacher training. Teacher training opportunities include, but are not limited to, the 200HR Circle Yoga Teacher Training and the Circle Yoga Kids Yoga Teacher Training.