Circle Yoga offers a very flexible make-up policy for registered students. Missed classes can be made up in any class on the schedule within the same session. All make-ups are space permitting, which means that make-up students sign in at the front desk just like drop-in students and may sometimes need to wait to see if there will be space in a class. Students may use a make-up class in advance of a class they will miss, and they may choose to transfer a make-up class to another household family member. Students should do make-ups in classes that are appropriate to their experience level and age (for kids classes). Make-up classes must be completed within the same session--for example, Winter Session registrants must complete make-up classes during the Winter Session. We are not able to transfer make-up classes or credits to future sessions.
We recommend that make-up students arrive at least 15 minutes early to sign in for class. Make-up students may sign in as early as 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time.
- If there is any winter precipitation, or if there is a weather emergency, be sure to check the Circle Yoga home page or call the studio (202-686-1104) to be sure your class is still on. Any class cancellations will be posted on our website (except in cases of power outage) and announced on studio voicemail AT LEAST ONE HOUR before the scheduled start time of a class.
- When making decisions about weather-related delays or cancellations, we do our best to assess the relative safety of roads and sidewalks around the studio, so that our students will be safe. We also have to consider the travel conditions for our teachers, most of whom do not live in the immediate neighborhood.
- Students registered for classes that are cancelled due to inclement weather may make up their cancelled class in any class appropriate to their level, or any household family members can use their make-up classes, within the same session. We do not issue class vouchers or refunds for weather-related cancellations.
Space permitting, drop-ins are welcome. We are not able to reserve space for drop-ins in advance. We recommend that drop-ins arrive about 15 minutes early to sign in for class. Drop-ins may sign in up to 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time.
Please arrive for your class or workshop a few minutes early. Spaces for registered students are guaranteed up until the posted class start time. If you are registered for a class and you know you will be late, call the studio at 202-686-1104 and we will gladly save your space. If we do not hear from you before class begins and the class is full, your space may be given to someone who is waiting.
Coming to Class
- Please feel free to wear any comfortable clothing to class (not too baggy, please) and bare feet.
- There is no eating in the studio, so please eat well in advance of class (yoga is best done on an empty stomach).
- Please turn off cell phones or leave phones in the dressing area.
- Classes: Full refunds, minus a $25 administrative fee, are happily given prior to the first week of classes. Pro-rated refunds, minus a $25 administrative fee, are happily given through the fourth week of any session. Sorry, after the fourth week of any session, no refunds can be given.
- Mini Series: Refunds are provided, minus a $25 administrative fee, prior to the first class of each mini series. After the first class, no refunds can be given.
- Workshops: Unless otherwise noted on our website, workshop refunds are provided minus a 20% administrative fee if the student cancels at least 48 hours before the workshop. Sorry, no refunds are given within 48 hours of the workshop.
- Special Events: Day-long and special event workshops may have different refund policies, which are noted in individual workshop descriptions on our website at workshops
The studio closes on Thanksgiving Day, and we are only open for a half-day on Independence Day (open for morning classes). We are typically open for all other holidays--including Memorial Day, Presidents' Day, and Easter--when classes are in session. Students who are registered for classes which fall on holidays when we're closed will received a class voucher, which can be used as a make-up through the end of the following session.
Cancellation Policy for Private Sessions and Therapeutic Massage
Please notify the studio at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel a private session or therapeutic massage appointment. Full payment is required if cancellation is made less than 24 hours in advance.
For Parents and Kids
- Adult Participation: One adult must be present for family classes, Movers & Twisters, and Toddler Yoga. Other kids yoga classes are drop-off. Due to limited studio space, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes.
- Children in Adult Classes: Children Under 16 are not permitted in Circle Yoga (adult) classes.
- Unattended Children: Circle Yoga/Budding Yogis does not provide childcare. If not attending a class, children must be supervised by a parent or caregiver.
Waiver and Release Agreement for Students Registering Online*
I understand that Circle Yoga (CY) classes includes physical movements and exertion. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in CY classes. I represent and warrant that I am in good health and physical condition and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in CY classes. In addition, I will make the instructor aware of any medical conditions or physical limitations before class. If I am pregnant, become pregnant or I am post-natal or post-surgical, my signature below verifies that I have my physician’s approval to participate. In consideration of being permitted to participate in CY classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in CY classes, I expressly irrevocably release and waive any claims that I have now or may have hereafter for any reason against Circle Yoga LLC, its owners, employees and independent contractors, for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in a CY class.
Photos: I may be photographed during yoga classes and these photographs may appear in Circle Yoga promotional materials unless otherwise specified. No person whose photograph is used will be identified by name, nor will any compensation be extended for such use.
Parents Registering Children for Budding Yogis Classes / Workshops: I am the parent and/or guardian of the minor child/children for whom I am registering. I have read this release and permission and fully understand its contents, and I have the full right and authority to execute this release and permission.
*Students registering by mail or at the studio will sign a copy of this waiver and release agreement.